Friday, August 24, 2012

Blueberry Baked Oatmeal



*Disclaimer- I have been super lazy when it comes to pictures lately... I promise to get out my "real" camera and focus, change f-stops, and try to be a legit blogger one of these days... I hate to tell you today is not that day SORRY!*

You don't need great pictures to share great food and that's why I am here today. I have finally made a version of Baked oatmeal that I am willing to share... (it took a few times to get a recipe that was blog worthy)

Blueberry Baked Oatmeal


What you need:
Dry ingredients
3 cups oats
1 cup dried unsweetened coconut - feel free to used sweetened
1/2 cup sliced almonds or nut of choice
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp ginger
1/2tsp cloves
1/2 nutmeg
1 cup fresh blueberries

Wet Ingredients 
2 Cups almond milk or milk of choice
1 egg white
1 6oz vanilla greek yogurt- any flavor would work
4oz apple sauce
1tsp vanilla
* you can make this vegan super easily by switching out the egg white for a flax egg*


What you do:


 Pre Heat oven to 375
-Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until everything is equally incorporated.
-Pour into a greased casserole dish.
-Once the oatmeal is oven ready sprinkle the top with chia seeds. This will add a little crunch and some extra nutrients. You can't really ever go wrong with chia seeds




-Bake on 375 for 25-30 min or until the top is golden brown.
-Once cool portion out your baked oatmeal for easy breakfasts for the week.

*cooking side note- I do not add sugar to my baked oatmeal so if you are someone who likes sweet oatmeal then before baking mix in some honey, agave, stevia*


When the time comes to eat these wonderful bars of joy get creative...

 I heat mine up and spread on some of my homemade chia jam, sliced fruit and some protein icing.
*mix protein powder and almond milk to a constancy you want and drizzle on top*

Brian and I ate this 3 times this week. It is an easy way to have a home cooked breakfast at 4:30am without having to cook :o)

What is your favorite go to breakfast?

Ciao and easy breakfast,

Alexis









3 comments:

  1. THANK YOUUUU for sharing this recipe. You know I've been looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! Let me know... I may have to send you some Chia jam to go with it LOL

      Delete
  2. I love baked oatmeal! This recipe looks great! Personally, I love english muffins or bagels with bananas and nut-butter or cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete