Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mock Peanut Butter Cookies

There is nothing more in this world that I love more than Peanut Butter... well in the food world at least. I have been seeing all these recipes for Mock Cookie dough floating around the web and I got an idea. Why not make my own version of Peanut Butter Cookie dough but actually turn them into cookies... hmmm


So that is exactly what I did and boy oh boy was it a great decision

 

What you need
2 cups of Chickpeas rinsed well
5 Tbsp Honey ( you can sub another sweetener to make Vegan)
8 Tbsp Peanut Butter (you can sub PB powder to cut calories)
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Ground Flax
Chocolate (or filling) of choice I used white chocolate (1 serving per bag)

What You Do

 Combine all ingredients except chocolate pieces in a blender or food processor and combine well. Mix in chocolate pieces. At this point you can leave it as a dip and enjoy as is.
If you want to make cookies: Preheat oven to 350 and bake for aprox. 15 min or until desired done-ness. I prefer softer cookies. The cookies will continue to firm up after they are pulled out of the oven as well.

We stored the cookies in the fridge and enjoyed them for a few nights... they were super yummy.



What are your favorite cookies?

Ciao and Happy Baking

Alexis

5 comments:

  1. Yum, they look so gooey and delicious!

    I love about any kinda cookie... snickernoodles, pb, sugar, oatmeal, pumpkin, banana... okay you get the drift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I love it! snicker doodles are pretty delish. I should try those with chickpeas haha

      Delete
  2. So glad you are back! These look great. Will be trying them soon!

    Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question: are the chickpeas pre-cooked, pre-soaked, canned? Or none of the above? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica I Just used can because its what I had in the pantry. I rinsed them off a bit... pretty basic and super easy!

      Delete