Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY and WIAW

 
Happy Fourth Everyone. I know its a day to celebrate our Independence from England but I also believe now-a-days I like to think of it as another opportunity to thank all of our military and their families. Without all of these amazing men and women, and their supportive families Independence Day would just be another day of the year. So thank you!
 
Now onto WIAW! This month Jen wants us to to focus on the 3 most important Fs... Not that F get your mind out of the gutter! I am talking FOOD, FUN, FITNESS!

Peas and Crayons

Food I have been loving on lately!
Oatmeal with fresh berries a dollop of PB some almonds and a splash of almond milk
Chicken, barley, red peppers and roasted asparagus
Smoked Salmon with avocado, spinach, goat cheese and onion on a bagel flat
Stuffed Sweet potato- Need I say more?
Egg whites, asparagus, zucchini, onion, avocado and goat cheese all on a Flax Oat Bran Pita
 


 My fun!
Spending time with my nephews. They love coming to my house because only a short drive away in the "down town" (if you can call it that haha) part of our city is a splash park for kids. So yesterday they came over and I sat in the blistering heat and laughed as I watched them run around in the fountain. 


My Fitness!
I have fallen back in love with yoga.  I have started going 2 days a week again and I am loving it! That is really my only group fitness class of choice. I am pretty much a loner when it comes to working out. I like getting in, focusing, and getting my workout on. I am loving my box jumps although my a*s does not quite share my love haha.

So there you have it, my week of Food, Fun and Fitness! What would your week look like if you documented it?

Have a safe and happy 4th of July! Do you have anything fun planned today?

Ciao and lovin' yoga

Alexis 



















5 comments:

  1. I'm celebrating the 4th with running a 5K and grilling out with friends.

    [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! have a great race and an even better BBQ!

      Delete
  2. Happy 4th from Canada! I have been falling back in love with yoga too lately - so good for me mentally and physically!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful! For an hour I get to relax and think about nothing!

      Delete
  3. Your eats look delicious! I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July! My day wasn't too exciting. Unfortunately the hubby had to work :( I did get in a great workout in the morning if that counts for anything!

    ReplyDelete