Monday, July 2, 2012

Gluten Free Protein Pancakes

I am a huge fan of Protein Pancakes.. so much so that we eat them about 2 times a week to help fuel us through our days.I have made countless different versions pumpkin, sweet potato, plain (all found here) I have made carrot raisin and most recently Peanut Butter apple.. yum. I even made a more traditional pancake using flour like normal people do lol.

Well, needless to say, Sunday I woke up and really wanted Protein Pancakes but after opening the fridge I realized I had no Eggs. It was Sunday shopping day after all, but it still made me a sad sad girl. After staring in my pantry and fridge for what seemed like an eternity, (which in actuality was probably 3 min) I decided to make some GF protein pancakes (with the option of being vegan with just a small tweek) which I had everything I needed to make this a success... or at least I hoped it would be successful!




What You Need
Dry

1/2 cup Almond Meal
1 Serving of Protein (you can use vegan protein)
4 Tbsp Ground Flax seed
1/2 Cup Granola (Check Out Love Grown Foods for GF version )
Wet
12 Tbsp water
4oz Cottage cheese (you would need Vegan Cottage cheese to make it a complete vegan breakfast)
4Tbsp Almond Milk (or milk of choice)

What You Do
1. In a Med. sized bowl combine Flax and water to make a "Flax Egg"
2. Combine all other ingredients into bowl and mix well.
3. Heat pan on med heat and spoon batter onto oiled pan. Cook until brown and then flip (about 2-3 min)
4. Top with your favorite topping. I use my homemade jarred Chia jam.


Brian decided to sleep in Sunday and was pleasantly surprised to wake up to breakfast and coffee done... Well I may have gone in the room 10 times to get him to wake up, but once up he was happy LOL. I am not what you would call a "sleeper" haha.

He LOVED THEM! Score one for me! I hope You enjoy too!

Ciao and Pancake Love

Alexis


No comments:

Post a Comment