Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Yellow Dog Eats Date night!!!

I love cooking!!! But today I have not felt the urge to pull out the pots and pans. I needed a break. A break for me means a night out where someone else cooks.

Tonight's date of choice lay in the hands of Brian.... drum roll... Yellow dog eats!!!

         

If you don't know already Brian and I are huge Yellow Dog Eats Fans! Yellow Dog made an apperance in my first Blog I ever wrote.

Yellow Dog is a local restaurant owned by Culinary Institute of America Graduate Fish Morgan. You can find Fish behind the counter or sitting amongst his guests on a daily basis. With an amazingly outgoing personality Fish has the ability to make every customer feel unique and welcome.

Yellow Dog is known for its creative sandwich's which are made from all fresh ingredients. Many of which Fish has bottled and sells inside the restaurant (apple chutney, different sauces and his famous Hot sauces).

I have never had a bad meal at Yellow Dog and date night was no different.

I am a Fan of Yellow Dog on Facebook so I get the specials of the day sent right to my phone. Friday night was the Johnny Apple Wrap and when Brian said he wanted Yellow Dog I knew the Special was what I was ordering.

We started our dinner with a few drinks. Brian Opted for the Pumpkin Ale and I had the house made sangria.

The Sangria and Wine come in these amzingly hand made glasses which are called "Red-neck Wine glasses"

I seriously want to buy some of these for football parties LOL

Also on the Menu for the night: Tomato Crab Bisque (yes made with real crab) Brian and I decided to share a cup.
Don't let the styrofoam scare you... No fancy dishes needed for this food.It was Delicious!

Next came our meals: I opted for the Johnny Apple Wrap and Brian got his usual the Rufus but decided to have it Frisky (which means everything on it)
Rufus: Pulled Pork with Brie cheese, Cherry ring peppers and drizzled with their house made raspberry Melba. Frisky: Shoestring potatoes, fried onions, and smoked apple wood bacon.

 Johnny Apple Wrap: Spinach Pressed Wrap wish smoked turkey breast, apple chutney, caramelized onions, their house made orange mayo (which I got on the side) and pickles. 

Yellow Dog Eats pleased again and Brian and I had a great night out. We always enjoy our time their, the atmosphere is just as great as the food. If you live anywhere new Orlando and you have not yet visited Yellow Dog I highly recommend it... actually I say it is a MUST!! 


What is your favorite date night place?
 I hope you try Yellow Dog and love it as much as we do

Ciao 

Alexis







No comments:

Post a Comment