Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Timer

I am new to the blogging world. One of my good friends is a blogging veteran (in my eyes at least) and has talked me into starting my own blog. I am a firm believer that healthy food can be delicious and pretty simple to master.  All you need is a kitchen and an open mind. I will take care of the rest, well that and probably some help from my master blogger Carissa.

Stolen Picture From Carissa's Blog 


Because I am knew to this blogging world I will follow suit and base my first blog on "What I Ate Wednesday."

6am- Over night oats: The idea I got from Carissa's WIAW post. It just so happened that Brian and I finished out PB last night, so I was super excited to try this out.  My version:
1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup Almond Milk, 1 scoop of protein powder,  and cinnamon. (keep in mind this was made for 2 people, cut in half if making a single serving)
9am- Apple and almond milk with protein powder. 

11:30am- Homemade (healthy) chicken salad with Crunch Master Gluten Free crackers and a grapefruit. 
To be Posted: Healthy Chicken salad recipe 

On a normal day I tend to eat every 2 hours. Today was not only early day (which throws off my whole schedule) but it was also open house so my whole day was a little off. 

2:30pm- Home made PB protein bar and a Chobani Champions greek yogurt. ( I am a sucker for PB)
To be Posted: Home made Protein bar recipe 

4:00pm- Ran home before open house to make a smoothie with the help from Jamba juice ( I recent coupon deal at Publix... more on coupons later)
I added some protein powder and flax seed in with the jamba juice smoothie and some OJ. 

8:00pm- After Open house I knew I wouldn't want to cook so Brian and I made plans to meet at Yellow dog Eats for some delicious dinner and good atmosphere. If you live in the Orlando area it is a MUST!!
I ordered the Ham bone Sandwich. It had ham, smoked pineapple, veggies and a house mayo.



Because eating out is usually killer on my normal diet I tend to eat only half of what I order. This was no different. I enjoyed half my sandwich and all my company and headed home for a relaxing rest of my evening. 

Have a Great night and remember....
good food can taste good,  but some times you just need good food that isn't necessarily good for you (in moderation of course)

Ciao

Alexis

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I love your first post! What a success! I can't wait to hear all your recipes (and steal them) and your couponing tips!

    ps- Yoplait Smoothies are BOGO at Publix now with a 75 cent off coupon. I used 12 coupons for those today. Hello crazy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck ya!!! Will definitely have to head over to Publix for that deal!!!

    P.S. Thanks for the love :o)

    ReplyDelete