Monday, February 20, 2012

Protein "Pancakes"

Breakfast should be the perfect mix of protein, carbs,and healthy fats. I am always trying to find ways to make my breakfasts healthy, filling and protein packed... here is the easiest way I have come across.


Protein Pancakes... I call them pancakes merely because of the look and not so much the ingredients I use.

What you need
1 egg
4 egg whites
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1 and 1/2 scoop Protein Powder
1Tbsp ground Flax seed
*optional 1/4cup pumpkin*
                 or
*a whole sweet potato (cooked)*
Add some Iron with a handful of fresh Spinach 


Add all ingredients to a blender, blend well


 I used to make one giant pancake and divide it  but recently I have been taking out the griddle and making smaller ones... Its A LOT easier lol


    

This recipe makes 8-9 protein packed "pancakes" which Brian and I love to eat mid week to help us get over the hump.

Enjoy topped with fresh fruit, honey, Chia Jam pretty much anything you like (try to stay away from sugar laden syrups)


These "Pancakes" have an amzing amount of protein, fiber (which will keep you fuller longer), and calcium to jump start you morning.

What is your favorite pancake topping?

Ciao and breakfast love

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment