Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Foodie Pen Pals

So another month has flown by, and another package has arrived at my doorstep. They little package that brings joy, excitement, curiosity and impatience. That package is none other than the monthly package of joy filled with yummy goodies sent from places unknown thanks to the wonderful Lindsay.

For a look back at all my past wonderful packages... October, November, December, January

This month I received my package from Kasey over at Powercakes. Kasey is super into fitness and clean eating, this is how I know we will get along lol. She is also studying to become a teacher which is another thing we have in common. Although if you recall January's pen pal was from my hometown, which made me a giddy little kid lol. Well Kasey is from the very town in which my mother attended college. Crazy small world. Anywho, let me get on with the post....

Kasey sent a package that would make any chocolate lover quiver in excitement... Unfortunatly I am not one of those lovers of chocolate I have mentioned so my mother; who could eat a chocolate bar, covered in chocolate icecream topped with chocolate syrup and chocolate sprinkles will be receiving a whole lot of goodies VIA Kasey LOL



  My package consisted of a giant bag of teas, which I broke into right away. I am loving the coconut mango! I will have to find that brand at the store. Once I have finished this bag and the 3 boxes of tea I bought recently that is LOL.

I am a coffee drinker (love the taste) but over the past year I have begun to love tea as well. I enjoy tea at night (decaf of course) with a little honey and a nice pair of sweets. It is relaxing to sip on a hot cup of goodness while relaxing. I will be loving this gift for a while :o)









 Next up come the food goodies. Kasey sent me two barre bars which was created by two dancers as an alternative to other nutrition/protein bars on the market. A Dagoba chocolate bar. Coffee and a Vega smoothiw






I tried the Cinnamon pecan Barre bar and was very impressed. The texture reminded me of a lara bar and the taste was pretty spot on. The bar tasted fresh and natural which I am all about. Food should be enjoyed not altered and I feel like the makers of barre did a very good job keeping the integrate of all their natural ingredients. 

 
 The Vega smoothie looks like it is right up my alley. I will have to search out where I can find them around Orlando so I can try another flavor. As for the Choc-a-Lot version my mother will be trying it out and giving me her own disclaimer. :o)

Brian tasted the Dagoba bar and was a fan. I tried a little bite of his and I just can't do the chocolate LOL. However, Brian gives it a big thumbs up. He is a huge dark chocolate fan and didn't stop at just one piece.


The last one I can not wait to try. As I stated above I love coffee! I used to drink a lot of flavored coffee when I first started drinking coffee and have since just stuck to good 'ol STRONG coffee LOL. However this coffee sounds super delish and I can not wait to sit down with a cup on the weekend. (Just have to wait till I use up my bag that is already open)


I am very grateful for my box, along with Brian and my mother :o) I know I am odd, and really the only person I know (aside from my sister) who doesn't like chocolate. But HEY it will be enjoyed by others and that is all that matters. A big THANK YOU goes out to Kasey for my wonderful box. GO check her out at Powercakes.

Thank you again to Lindsay for hosting this wonderful foodie pen pal party! So if you interested in joining next months Foodie Pen Pals (and you do not have to be a blogger) 
 send  an email to Lindsay at theleangreenbean@gmail.com and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address (if applicable)
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
let her know by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th!

4 comments:

  1. that coffee sounds awesome! i need to try some of those bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Vega Team stuff! So good for you! I have a package the company sent me and I think there's a store in Windermere that sells it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the barre bars, but I'm on the lookout for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those barre bars look awesome. I would love to try one of those! Great box this month. :)

    ReplyDelete