Sunday, April 8, 2012

Oatmeal Cookie Cakes




After trying an Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie I wanted to recreate it but a "clean" version of it. I tried a version a few weeks ago but there was something missing. I was tempted to throw the batch away and throw in the towel but what fun is that. Instead I topped them with cottage cheese and they were DELISH! I am happy to day today I made another batch with a few tweaks and I am happy to say I do not even need the cottage cheese to make these taste better.

After they came out of the oven I rushed outside to take a piece to Brian (yard work called) he said it was perfect! So now I feel comfortable sharing my new creation with you. These also just happens to be vegan which may be a plus for some of you out there :o)

While shopping at Whole Food's one day I came across Teff Flour.
I wasn't sure how to use it but I was very intrigued with the description on the front so I said what the hey, I'll figure something out. Now I have. The Teff gave the cookies a chocolatey color and nice flavor.

So on with the recipe... it seems like a lot of ingredients but nothing is crazy unique (except maybe the flour) and if you are a "clean" eater, well really just an eater :o) I will almost guarantee you have all of these ingredients.. minus the flour.
 
Here is what you need:  (Nutrition facts below) 
Dry Ingredients
1 cup oats 
.5 cup Teff Flour 
1Tbsp ground Flax
3/4 Cup Protein Powder (about 3 scoops) 
1tsp Cinnamon 
1/4tsp nutmeg
1/8tsp ginger
1/8tsp cloves
1/4tsp salt
1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder 

Wet Ingredients
.5cup ripe bananas (mashed)
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8tsp Almond Extract 
3Tbsp OJ (fresh squeezed or bottled not from concentrate) 
3Tbsp Water
.5 cup non-sweetened applesauce
1Tbsp Agave 

Optional
1/4 Cup Golden Raisins 
1/3 Cup Crasins 




Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix all dry ingredients into a large bowel and mix well. 
2. Mix all wet ingredients into a separate bowl and mix well. 
3. Create a well in the dry ingedients and dump the wet ingredients in. 
4. Mix well. The consistency should be a bit tacky, not to liquidy


5. Measure out like sized "cookies" onto a lined baking sheet. I made 12 cookies from one batch.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 min.
 7. Remove from oven and cool.
8. ENJOY!!!!!

Nutritional Info: Without dried fruit


Nutritional Info: With dried fruit



I hope you enjoy. 
Question: Have you made a "Clean" eating cookie or sweet lately? What is it?

Ciao and 2nd times a charm

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment