Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter to Me! WIAWv27

HAPPY EASTER! Well Happy Belated Easter really... but better let than never :o)

Need a catch up for this week?

This weekend was the wonderful holiday that somehow has turned into mass eating, baskets stuffed with plastic grass, and scarey bunnies who sneak into your house at night to leave you mass amounts of sugar and chocolate...

There is one upside... EGGS haha well at least the whites... JUST KIDDING.. I am not that big of a party pooper. I did however bring the healthy gifts to give out lol
My homemade Chia jam. Which is fully processed so it can sit in the pantry until opened. Look at those handmade labels too... How adorable am I? HAHA I have become obsessed with canning and I can not count how many Jars of Chia Jam I have processed so far but it is wonderful. I have even begun to try to sell all of my yummy flavors. I am happy to say I gave these to my family for free HAHA. What do you think of my labels?

Anyways....

In my family I am the youngest of 5...yep I said 5! We take turns hosting holidays and this year my sister Heather volunteered for Easter. So on Saturday we all headed to Tampa for an early celebration. My sister and her BF took care of all the meat and the rest of us made sides. If you recall from my Thanksgiving post... my sister Heather doesn't do holidays half assed lol. So you know I had to clean it up with my Spicey  Cauliflower mash!

I tried to eat as clean as I could while still enjoying a small amount of the Easter Bunnies treats. 

 Our spread consisted of rotisserie ham. Smoked Turkey... which was in the smoker for about 6 hours. A giant mixed salad. A tomato, onion salad... the tomatoes were freshly picked from the garden YUMM! A HUGE basket of pretzel bread... this was the hardest for me to stay away from LOL. My Cauliflower mash and a corn salad (no picture FAIL)                                                     



Here is what my plate looked like.... There are lots of veggies on that plate! LOL but I have to say my favorite as the smoked turkey.
Now I could choose between dessert pics or super cute nephew and niece pics... hmmm 











 Ya I take a lot of pictures... sorry haha..
Now head over to Peasandcrayons via that pretty little link below.. and show off your veggies... or just stalk other peoples eats! Your choice



Peas and Crayons

Question: what is your favorite healthy side dish to take to parties/holidays?

Ciao and avoiding the sweets

Alexis

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your choose your nephew! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love the cartoon hehe!
    2. LOVE the jars - they are adorable!!
    3. Everything looks & sounds delicious - glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the cartoon cracked me up! Thanx... I have become obsessed with jam haha. I need to start branching out lol

      Delete