Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes... Yes please!!!


Breakfast is one of my favorite parts of the whole day. I love breakfast foods, and I love getting my day started with a home cooked meal.

Everyday (when Brian is home) we sit down and have breakfast together. We don't always talk much (he is not a morning person) but we eat together regardless :o).

Another one of my favorite things is fall... put the two together and you have my latest fall inspired yummy breakfast...
PUMPKIN PANCAKES!!!!!!

It was super simple and I made it the night before so all I had to do in the morning was heat up the skillet and flip LOL

Ready for the fridge to make cooking them easy in the AM

It is a pretty simple and healthy way to make pancakes...

Ingredients

1 and 1/2 C flour (I use wheat flour) 
 2 egg whites
1T sugar (I used sugar in the Raw)
1 and 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 C pumpkin
1tsp Cinnamon
1/8tsp nutmeg
1/8tsp ginger
1/8tsp cloves
1C milk ( I use almond milk)

**Optional- 1 Scoop Protein powder and an extra 1/4C milk



The next morning I opened the fridge, heated my skillet and pancakes were a go


After about a min they are ready to flip 


They smelled so good!!! I wanted to eat them straight off the grill. 
If you enjoy fall flavors and breakfast as much as I do I am pretty positive you will enjoy these easy pumpkin pancakes. 

There is nothing better in the morning then a hot breakfast and good company (even if he is quiet LOL)

What is your favorite meal of the day? 

Ciao, and lots of pumpkin

Alexis

2 comments: