Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep... A fun tradition

 Thanksgiving for my family is not the traditional Turkey, casseroles, stuffing, gravy, pies....

Instead our thanksgiving is a carefully thought out menu by my sister Heather.

I go down to Tampa Wednesday night and the process of Thanksgiving begins. We cook and have fun... story of my life.

A few months ago I came up with the idea of doing a turkey turnover and she built upon it and made it amazing.

So the weekend before Thanksgiving Heather called and gave me the run down of the dinner she had planned. She does all the hard work... comes up the menu, finds or makes the recipes and buys all the ingredients. I just show up and help her cook and do what I am told. (I call myself the Thanksgiving bi**h lol) But its a fun tradition and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Here are a few pictures from past Thanksgivings 

2009

2009

2008


Cornish Hen, Veggi medley and risotto 2009 



Dessert Trio 2008
2010



So here is a few sneak peeks at what we prepared for our family... you will have to check out this weeks WIAW for the whole meal!!!!


Course 1 : Turkey was Smoked for 6hours Wednesday night. 

Course2: Included these....



Figs stuffed with goat cheese... Can you guess what we did with these? HMMM I'll let you know IT WAS YUMMY!!











Course3: Pork rotisserie= 3hours
and some other goodies 



 Course4: Included a lot of cutting... fruit. Painting chocolate onto paper...



So have you figured out what was for dinner? I would love to hear some guesses.

All will be revealed on Wednesday so make sure to stay tuned.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and enjoyed all the food and company!!!


Ciao and loving traditions

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment