Sunday, November 27, 2011

What I ate Wednesday v12 Thanksgiving Edition



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Ya ya I know it was last week but I like to relive Thanksgiving dinner as much as I can. This way I can relive it without my waistband expanding.

 If you read  my Thanksgiving Preparations you would know my family doesn't do a "traditional" Thanksgiving. Although this year was probably the most traditional we have gotten but with twists.

Here was our Thanksgiving Menu.

We started with a very Italian Antipasto
 I just love these dishes

 Meats and cheeses
 assorted olives and pepers



Course 1: Thanksgiving Turnover


These turnovers were a perfect little Thanksgiving tribute. They were stuffed with Smoked Turkey (smoked for 6 hours), stuffing, Gouda Cheese and served with cranberry sauce on the side.




These were definitely at the top of my favorite lists.


My nephew even ate his and baby brothers LOL





Course 2: Mixed Green Salad with Figs stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in maple.brown sugar bacon


I am not a bacon fan but these were really good. I love figs and goat cheese so it worked for me.
Course 3: Mango Rotisserie Pork, Macaroni and Cheese Carbonara, Sweet potato souffle, and Brussell sprouts.


Letting the pork rest before Jake carved into it!














The Sweet Potatoes were amazing and not overly sweet. The Macaroni is also one of my favorite meals my sister makes. Comfort food done right.




Course 4: Dessert:  We had apple pear crisp, cinnamon bread pudding and handmade gianduja

 Hand made Gianduja with a Hazelnut filling
If I liked chocolate this would have been my favorite HAHA
 Apple and Pear Crisp
This was my favorite!!!


Bread Pudding with a bourbon sauce
 



We had an amazing time eating and laughing. It was good times all the way around. I can't wait to see what's on the menu for next year


Does your family have a traditional Thanksgiving?

Ciao and Traditionally un-traditional 

Alexis




4 comments:

  1. Wow, my thanksgiving spread looks pathetic compared to yours. I'm so jealous right now. Love the turkey picture at the top btw, super hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, those dishes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be jealous... just take ideas lol. I have to admit I love not having left over turkey for a week like everyone else I know :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like a fantastic Thanksgiving meal! Bread pudding is a favorite of mine, but I hardly ever have an opportunity to have it....your picture now has me craving it!

    ReplyDelete