Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bluberry Mango chia Jam

A few weeks ago I dropped some Chia knowledge on my blog friends. I have since become obsessed with making different types of Chia jam to top almost anything throughout the week. I have mastered 2 new flavors and I am working on some more as I type. Literally fruit is being sliced in the kitchen right now LOL

If you missed my original post that breaks down all the health benefits of our lovely friend the Chia seed you can check it out here.

I bring to you... Drum Roll Please.... Blueberry Mango Chia Jam!

 This creation was DE-LISH!!! Brian was a huge fan and I have to say so was I. So without further ado...

Blueberry Mango Chia Jam:

What you need

2cups fresh whole blueberries
1cup mango
3Tbsp Honey
3 Tbsp Chia Seed


 Place the mango into a food processor (I use my mini one for this... less clean up) and pulse until chopped finely.

Place blueberries,mango, honey and Chia into a pot of med heat. Stirring occasionally as it heats up.

As the blueberries begin to "juice" they will darken up. At this point you want to lower the temp. to med low and stir making sure no fruit is burning to the bottom.

After 5 min the berries should be pretty soft and you can begin to whisk gently. (you may also use a fork if you do not have a whisk) Gently break up the blueberries to help release more of the juices. I do not like to break all of them because I love having the whole blueberries in the jam as well.

Set aside and let cool for 20-30min. It will also thicken as it cools.


Place in a mason jar or an airtight container and store in the fridge.

I use the jam on my Proatmeal, Protein Pancakes... pretty much everything :o)

I have another chia recipe headed your way this week.

If you could try any flavor (or have me make it) what would it be?

Ciao and loving my Chia

Alexis

3 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! The color is gorgeous :)
    I too like some whole fruit pieces left in my jams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of apple....can this be made the same way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will experiment with apple and see what I can come up with

      Delete