Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Road trip To Pitt v.1

If you haven't heard yet I am a pretty big fan of Pittsburgh.

We headed back to the wonderful city or Pittsburgh for a surprise 80th birthday for my grandma. Brian and I decided to turn our vacation into a mini road trip. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

While on vacation I posted a few pictures of this really cool bar Church Brew Works. Brian and I meet my siblings there and had a great time. Although Brian realized as we went to order that he forgot his Drivers License IN FLORIDA!!! HAHA well we figured, no big deal his military ID has his DOB on it... UMMM nope that was back in Florida too. So instead Brian just enjoyed everyone's company.

Fast forward to the next day when we set up for the big surprise!! My Grandma was surprised and so happy to see everyone. It was GREAT!



Happy Birthday!!!

LOVE THIS ONE! Mason and Uncle Brian... 2 of my fav. boys

Me and my pap... love this man

Uncle Jim always has a good story. Think he was talking about my dad here *Good Times*

Sisters and My Cuz Jason

My mom and pap

My sister Heather and Nephew Nolan

Nolan being silly

We matched lol
 We had a fantastic time! Great catching up with all the relatives who have scattered around. Plus its just great to be back in such a wonderful city. Sounds crazy but I feel so relaxed when I am back. Its like a whole different way of life up there. A way of life I love!

So this brings me to my WIAW portion of this post. I was so sad to miss last week but I was driving to Savannah. Needless to say I am glad to be back in the food stalking world. Jenn over at Peas and Crayons has designated this month Sensible snacking over at WIAW. I have a ton of snacks I would love to share but I am super excited to share food from my road trip this week. The snacks will have to wait until next week.



Peas and Crayons




I bring you my Road Trip Eats



Delucca's: Egg White and turkey sausage on Fresh Cinnamon bread. 

Our Hotel In Savannah had a free Happy Hour with wine and snacks!



Rocks on the Roof: Great view and yummy tapas- dates and chorizo. Goat cheese stuffed Peppadews

Tzatziki with beef (Brian got the beef) and fresh pita

Just 4 U: at PNC park for the Pirates game. Roasted veggie sandwich. GREAT FIND at the Ball Park

Hofbrauhaus: Beer cheese spatzle, Weisswurst and a pretzel (cheat meal obv.)

*Favorite new place on the strip* Enrico's: Beans and Greens salad- Kale, beans, roasted garlic and roasted chicken

 I often talk about clean eating, but this was vacation people. However, I did not over do it just because I was on a road trip. We did not eat any fast food, instead we packed all of our food and snacks prior to leaving. This made grabbing an apple or protein drink super easy and meant we didn't eat any fried and sat. fats while sitting in a car for hours, NOT MOVING lol. So enjoy your vacation just don't think everyday has to be an over indulgence. You will not feel good when you get home!

Ciao and Road Trip Eats, 

Alexis






4 comments:

  1. Fun variety on your road trip. I always pack snacks and drinks for road trips. Not necessarily because it's healthier (it is) but more so because I don't want to stop :)

    [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, all your eats look SO fantastic - totally jealous! ;) Glad that you guys had such a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, looks like such a fun party...what a great surprise! And that cake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love roasted veggie sandwiches! What a great find at the ball park!

    ReplyDelete