Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Sorrows and Friday Favorites!



I have to say, I love that being a teacher brings me a 2 month vacation every year. That being said, it is not all its cracked up to be. I hear the typical " must be nice to have two months off" or "hey at least you get a summer vacation" all the time and even from my siblings that are not teachers. Here is what people don't understand. Yes I get 2 months off from work but this also means I DO NOT get paid for 2 months... so unless you are good with your money during your 10 months of work you will struggle hard core over summer break.
That being said... I AM BORED!!! haha Brian owns his own company so he is still working and I am at home alone all day. I am so used to working that having nothing to do during the day is foreign to me and I have a hard time filling the hours of the day. After I wake up and make breakfast, and workout I am pretty much done with my to-do list tehe.

SOOOOO... I have been cleaning and organizing but this is not good for the ADD in me. I continuously start in one room, lose focus, and move on to the next room. Needless to say my house looks like a bomb exploded because I have started cleaning every room and have yet to finish any of them... anyone else have this problem?
This brings me to my favorite thing this week. I do have A LOT of free time so I get bored and try new things, which has brought me to creating my all time FAVORITE pita chips. I love them so much that I have eaten them just about everyday. They are super simple, healthy, and best of all DELISH!!!!

So my favorite product of the week is Pita Chips. I wouldn't be able to make then so quickly if it weren't for this guy ------------------>
I am completely obsessed with Joesph's Flax Oat Bran Pitas! We use these in our house for everything! Breakfast wraps, sandwiches, they even sell a Lavash bread which we use for our flat breads. What is even better is that Publix started selling them so now I can have them whenever I want LOL. I came up with making them into pita over the weekend when we had our simple cookout with my mom. We were having Ceviche and I wanted something to scoop up the goodness. So I made these... and it has been down hill from there. HAHA




So then this week they have been made 3-4 times all thetime coming up with new ways to use them, I am starting to get creative with the toppings :o)


 Dinner: Grilled Turkey Burgers with Grilled Pineapple and a side of pita and guac.
 Snack: Good ol' Pita and Guac
Lunch: shredded chicken breast, fresh avocado and pita. 

The lunch was by far my favorite. It was AMAZING!!! The best part is the pitas are only 60 cal. each so even with a serving of quac. you are still sitting below a 200cal snack. Its a winner in my book. 

How to make them... 
1 pita sliced into little triangles
lightly brush with coconut oil or Extra virgin Olive Oil
sprinkle with a little salt (or any seasoning you want) 
Bake on 350 for 8 min. Any longer and they will be WAY TO WELL DONE. They are thin so they don't need much time.  

Can't get any easier than this. So I hope you give it a try. I will probably having a replay of the lunch version of my favorite again today :o)

Well I have gone on long enough so I will let you go with one question... 
What is your favorite super easy snack/meal to make?

Ciao and Pita love
Alexis 

1 comment:

  1. I would think that you work major overtime as a teacher with having to plan your lessons and grade all those papers....you need 2 months off just from all that work.

    The pita chips look awesome!

    ReplyDelete