Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What I ate Wednesday v15 Overload on Christmas food

It's that time again! Mass consumption at its finest... this version is based around the Christmas holiday. Man I am still stuffed.  Here are some oldies but goodies
                                                                                                                                                                                                            

I also have an awesome new Give Away this week.... Brought to you by the awesome people at Food Should TasteGood 

MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY CHANUKAH!!! 

I love the holidays! I love the food but I don't love what the food does to my waist. Between Christmas eve, Christmas and a surprise birthday I completely wrecked my healthy eating. I went in with every intention of only trying a little bit of those foods heavy in calories but let's be honest those are the best ones LOL

Christmas Eve stop #1 Brian's Grandparents
We stopped by to say hi but did not stay for dinner so there was not much unhealthy snacking done there...

Christmas Eve stop #2 My sisters House
This is where the feasting began. My sister made crab cakes, stuffed mushrooms for apps. and had an ample veggie platter with homemade dip. 

I ate 2 mushrooms and LOTS of Carrots. I think I filled myself on veggies before the real food was even ready.  
Then came dinner: 1st- baked scallops and salad, 2nd- lobster pasta, 3rd- snapper and roast, 4th-Dessert included chocolate cheesecake (not my type of dessert) and winter fruit pie <--- that was YUMMY

Now comes Christmas Day... 

We woke up and opened some gifts.. and by some gifts I mean the best gifts ever.
 
Brian got me the Nikon D3000!!! Finally I have a good camera!!

Then we were off to his parents house for Christmas Brunch. I didn't eat to much because I knew we had Dinner just a few hours later with my family. But I did nibble on some fruit and a scone. Then Brian's sister made caramelized pears with whipped goat cheese so of course I HAD to try it... But I shared with Brian.

 
Lastly we had dinner with my mom and some of my siblings... 
Here is some snapshost of Christmas eating.

 
 
Can you guess which plate is mine and which is Brian's... lol 

I had a great time... here are some photos from the nights of fun and festivities 



 We know how to have fun in our family HAHA. My nephew
dancing, and he also has an empty beer box on his face he decided to use as a mask. Matching Christmas Sox for the girls. Stair rides with Aunt Heather for the boys and my attempt to get a picture with one of my other nephews.

All and all it was a great Christmas. 















I hope you all had a great Christimas.... or whatever holiday it is that you celebrate. 

On to my giveaway... 

The awesome people over at Food Should Taste Good have agreed to send one of my awesome readers 5 bags of chips/crackers sent directly to their door step. Click the Link above to find out how to enter.

Ciao and lots of Christmas foods

Alexis

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone is overloaded on holiday food. We're almost finished with it. We just all need to hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good food! Look at those carmelized pears, who could resist?!

    ReplyDelete