Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blondies.. My Healthier Version

I recently participated in Foodie Pen Pals in which you send your favorite treats to one person and another person sends you theirs.

In my box I received a recipe and some ingredients for Cake Batter Blondies.


I looked at the recipe for a few days... scared to make them. I had just finished my detox  and didnt want to make my stomach hate me LOL. So I waited... onceI looked it again and decided to make some changes.

Now I am not at all saying this is a healthy snack... I am just saying I made some changes to make it a HEALTHIER option for your sweet tooth, or a party. (Mine will be used for football Sunday)


Ingredients

1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 cup apple sauce.. unsweetened
2 eggwhites
1/2 cup almond milk
3tsp sprinkles
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

1) First mix cake mix, apple sauce, egg whites and almond milk into a bowl. The mix will be pretty dense.


2)  Fold in sprinkles and white chocolate chips


3) Place in baking dish. I used an 11x7x1.5. *But I think next time I will use a bigger dish to make them thinner

I use parchment paper so I do not have to clean dishes LOL I am lazy
4) Bake on 350 for 30-40 min ( I hade to cook it a little longer because of the thickness) 
5) Cool and enjoy. 
  I cut mine into 20 pieces
My little square of goodness
Nutrition Facts based on the size I made: 
Fat = 2.54g
Calories = 115
Sugar =  14.88g

Just so you can calculate your nutrition facts... if you are a freak like me

the totals for entire batter are: Fat = 50.75 Calories = 2300 Sugar = 297.5
Ciao and healthy substitutions
Alexis





3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! Sending ingredients and a recipe! Those blondies look delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took them to work to my fellow teachers (wanted them out of the house lol) and they approved

    ReplyDelete