Sunday, October 16, 2011

Friday snacks and dance parties

So this past Friday was day #2 coming off of detox. So I still couldn't eat anything to crazy. So there were no plans for Brian and I to go out to dinner. So instead we enjoyed a wonderful day from morning till night since I did not have work.

In the morning we headed off to Winter Park for a facial I scored on LivingSocial. After that was over we went down to Park Ave and walked around. Stopping for a smoothie (since that is all I could eat).




 ***I forgot to take pictures of our day... I know I failed... sorry


Then we headed home. We stopped by the store to do some last night min. pen pal shopping (more on that to come).

We both had some work to do, and some much needed cleaning.

We needed a snack and since I was limited I remembered something we bought when we were in San Antonio.

 Last trip to San An. and after 6 months Brian got to come home YAY! 

Anyways... We visited a little shop called El Fuego and it specialized in hot sauces. Their walls from floor to ceiling were lined with different hot sauces. I, however, was drawn to the back of the room where there were different types of nut butters... Go figure. 

The two we purchased were  Toffee Pecan and Pumpkin Pecan. 
 I love fall and I love pumpkin, so it was a fun surprise to find these in the pantry...
So we cut up some apples and took a little sample of both. It was the perfect cleaning day snack to hold us over for dinner.

After the cleaning was complete it was time for dinner...

 Dinner was my Chickpea and Tomato salad... Brians had chicken added

As Brian got some work done on the computer I went for a run. Came home and took advantage of one of my favorite Xmas gifts I have ever gotten.


 I grew up with old records and as I got older I had a fascination with my dads old records that just sat and collected dust. So I just kept taking the ones I wanted even though I had no record player to listen to any of them. Until on Xmas I got the master of all turn tables. It is a CD, MP3, record, and even cassette player. I can even hook it up to my computer, play records and turn them into MP3s.

We totally had a dance party to Earth, Wind and Fire before the night was over. There is just something about listening to vinyl that makes me smile.

Ciao, from my dance party

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment