Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 1 of Detox = Success

Today was day 1 of our detox and it went pretty well. After enjoying some yummy food last night for our last hooray. 

In short our menu was clear of dairy and complex carbs, wheat and saturate fats.

Our morning started early with a nice run (the weather was AMAZING) and some push ups.


We started our day off food with some pumpkin oats.
           -Pumpkin is full of nutrients: Beta Carotene, Potassium, Zinc, and Fiber. Pumpkin is like a super fruit. Along with all of the nutrients pumpkins are a great cancer fighters, anti-inflammatory, and they are great for your skin.
Sample picture: Did not add milk today 


Snacks- Dry roasted, unsalted almonds. and some organic unsweetened dried pineapples.

Lunch- Organic Hummus with raw veggies.
         -  Chickpeas (which is the main ingredient of hummus) are high in protein, phosphorus, sulfur and potassium.

Drinks: Water and Coconut Water

When I got home from work I did a cardio/plyo workout while Brian was at the gym.

Then it was time to prepare dinner

Although the menu is not as extensive as my normal day of food, I felt good and stuck to the menu like white on rice (tehe... bad joke I know)
Dinner- Salmon, plain baked potato and a mixed green salad with a home made vinaigrette.
The olive oil, cider vinegar, garlic, and fresh rosemary are good for circulatory and digestive health


This looked yummy before we even cooked it. 

My dinner... a little plainer than normal but it was still yummy. 

While I did some work I snacked on a few black grapes. 

Well day one was a good start to the journey I call detox. I hope everyday goes this smoothly. 
Ciao, and clean arteries
Alexis


No comments:

Post a Comment