Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Food Prep and Burpees!?? Fit challenge V 20

How do food prep and burpees go together? Well this is how...

Yesterday while I was getting all my food prep done for the week I  decided that while I waited for the oven to pre-heat I would make use of my time and shot two videos HAHA. Check out Video 1 here...

Food Prep for me is like smoking to others... It's something that has to be done, at a certain time, and what can I say it is somewhat addicting... OK OK maybe not the best analogy but you get where I am going.
This was my score for the week: 1 Lunch, 2 breakfasts, 2 snacks, Not Pictured: lots of chopped veggies for hummus, trail mix, and a full menu written out.

The lunch that I prepped will last for a few days and is a great alternative to a typical bagged lunch. Just because I love you all so much I am sharing it with you, right now!!!

Fiesta Chicken
What you need:
1tsp coconut oil (or sub olive oil) 
3 Chicken Breasts
1.5 peppers
1 onion
.5 package of guacamole mix

What You Do:
1. Chop Veggies and chicken into slices
2. Heat Oil in a heavy skillet, once hot enough add veggies and half the package of guacamole seasoning. Cover and let "sweat" for aprox. 5 min.  Mix, cover and let cook for another 5min.
3. Once veggies have softened (onions will begin to look clear) add chicken. Stir and cover. Stir every 3-4 min until Chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove from heat. Serve on a pita, wrap or all by itself. Get creative.




This Right here was my favorite way to enjoy it... In a wrap with some spinach, salsa, and cheese. can we say DELISH! How much better can a healthy bagged lunch get?


Now that I have given you a new recipe to enjoy at home and at work... Here is today's Fitness challenge.



Burpee Tuck Jumps
Basic Burpee Video found here
Make sure to land softly! Form is extremly important when knees are involved. If you find this to challenging go ahead and stick to regular burpees
Your Challenge: 2 sets x 25 Burpee Tuck Jumps


Question: Do you Food Prep? Why or Why Not?

Ciao and not your ordinary bagged lunch

Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment