So why do I train? They answer has changed so many times over the years.
2. Kids sports- Now obviously you don't "train" super hard for Y ball. But this is where my love of sports and fitness began.
3. Track and Field- I started running competitively at the age of 12. I was a sprinter and Triple Jumper. I made it to the Jr Olympics 2 years in a row. So my training was mostly for short burst of speed, endurance, and strength. This is also when I started lifting weights.
4. Soccer- MY LOVE! This was the tell all be all of my fitness. I played for 16 years. This was where my real love of fitness started. I wanted to be the fastest (track helped with that) the strongest (weights became a bigger deal) pretty much just the BEST! I would wake up before school and go running, go to school all day, practice for 2 hours, go to the gym and work out then head home for HW and dinner. This was also where my obsession of what I ate started (it was not always healthy... but thats a blog for a different day)
5. College- I turned down the opportunity to play soccer in NY, where my brother was studying and playing Football, because I couldn't afford the school (no scholarships available for the year I would go) I had to keep up a certain level of fitness while away. I didnt want to be the typical Freshman who gained a lot of weight. So I quickly found the gym and ate a lot of salad (healthiest thing in the school cafeteria lol)
6. Career- I studied Criminology and Psychology and was offered a job back in Oralando with the Orange County Sheriffs Office. My training was no longer just for speed, strength... it was to SAVE MY LIFE. I really needed to make up for my size (5'0) in confidence, strength, knowledge... and those workouts got hard, food got crazy and I got STRONG... Stronger then most of the guys I worked with because I had more to prove. I Aced every test we had and every physical obstacle the threw my way. I LOVED IT!
7. For ME- Being a very competitive athlete, trying to be a healthy college student, to work hard for work, it is now time to be healthy for me and me alone. I work out now for health reasons along with superficial reasons (yep I admit it) I have a lot of unhealthy traits in my family and I would prefer to stay far away. So working out and eating healthy is a way I can control that part of my life (for now at least). I want to live a long healthy life, grow old and watch my kids (if i have some haha) have families of their own.
For right now I will settle for my nephews :o)
So those are all the reasons in my life that I have trained... what makes you train? Why is fitness important to you?
Ok now that I have written a novel for you on with today's challenge.
Make sure to jump from low and land softly. If done incorrectly you can hurt your knees and I don't want any of that. Your Challenge: 50 Tuck Jumps
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far... Off to clean the house
Ciao and Train Hard